10 Gift Ideas for the Fitness Enthusiast
It is easy to get lost with so many fitness gadgets in the market. Forget about spending thousands of dollars on expensive machines. They usually end up as clothes hangers and are not even all that effective. As a trainer for over 20 years, here are my suggestions on what the fitness enthusiast in your life could really use:
- Hire a Personal Trainer – I know I am completely biased on this one. But it is the best gift you can give someone who is trying to lose weight and keep it off. Do your research and find someone knowledgeable and don’t be afraid to ask for certifications. When I am hiring trainers to work for me, their look is less important then what they know. I look for someone not only certified but also has BA in the health field. They need to have enough experience to work with clients from all fitness levels. Experience comes from trial and error, you don’t want someone experimenting with your health. Look for someone with at least 3 years of experience.
- Sign up for a fun race – This can be fun for couples if you both like to run. It will require some training, but it will be a great way to get you both outdoors and enjoy the cool weather (that’s if you live here in Florida!).
- Yoga Classes – If you love to workout hard, your body will thank you for taking some time to stretch, relax and breathe! We offer $30 bonus cards for each $100 spent in gift cards
- Foam Rollers – Start with a softer foam and them work up to a deep tissue roller. I use Rolling with it with my clients at the fitness studio.
- Meal Planning – Eating right is not just for those trying losing weight. It is about eating to maximize your health potential. You may already exercise regularly but if the eating is not right, you are missing a very important part of the equation. You can get a customized plan at Energia for $99. We can accommodate dietary restrictions such as gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, low glycemic, protein focus, lactose free, etc. You can use your gift card and get a bonus $30!
- Funny Workout Tops – My fitness clients love to show their sense of humor wearing funny fitness quotes on their shirt like this one from Panoware
- BlueTooth Body Fat Scale – I don’t recommend gifting this scale to your spouse unless she asked for it! It is really a great tool for weight loss. If you don’t know your body composition, you don’t know how successful your weight loss program is. Muscle weighs more than fat and that’s a beautiful thing! Check out this scale by 1byone with bluetooth. If you would like a professional to check your body composition, we offer complimentary appointments at Energia. To apply for a free session you can check out our 12 Week Transformation page (form at the bottom of the page).
- Heart Rate Monitor – This option comes on most fitness watches such as apple watch or fitbit. However, if your loved one is already working with us, he or she will love to have her/his own Polar Monitor. We use these to track their workout intensity during our FIRE (cardio) sessions.
- Sweat Towel– Sweat can make things slippery. A nice sweat towel can come very handy while they hold their plank. Here is a set by Fit Spirit for less than $10!
- Jump Rope – This is an oldie that will never get out of style! It requires little space, gets your heart up and great for in home interval training sessions. Perfect as a stocking stuffer under $10 by Limm!
Hope you enjoyed these suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions. You can message me at email@example.com
By Virna Lichter – Your Mind Body Trainer – Owner at Energia Fitness and Yoga Studios.